Instructions: Web Activity page 351 in Comparative Health Information Management book.
Make the following selections at the CMS website, http://www.cms.gov
1. Select “Regulations & Guidance.”
2. Under “Legislation,” select “Conditions for Coverage (CfCs) & Conditions of Participation (CoPs).”
3. Select “Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID).”
4. Select the “Related Link” “CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: ICF/MR (483.400-480).”
5. Select Subchapter G, then Part 483, then Subpart I , then either the PDF or XML version of section 483.440.
What information management issues can you identify in Section 483.440 regarding “Active treatment services?” Be as descriptive as possible. Identify at least three potential information management issues and support with laws, policies or regulations; minimum 1 paragraph.
Academic Level: College