You are an administrative officer, and you discover that an undercover officer is working two separate jobs simultaneously—and is receiving two paychecks for working for two separate employers at the exact same time.
- The undercover officer is assigned to work a shift from 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM every day for his law enforcement agency. Due to the secretive nature of his cop job, he has very little supervision or oversight for what he does with his time.
- One day each week, he is also simultaneously working a second job from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM each night as an instructor for a driver improvement class for drivers who are court-ordered to attend.
- He routinely accepts both paychecks for working both jobs at the exact same time
For this assignment, discuss the following:
- Describe the legal and ethical implications of accepting paychecks from both employers, when only one job is being performed.
- Look up the term moral turpitude, and decide whether this kind of behavior falls into that category.
- Describe the kinds of behaviors that cannot be tolerated from criminal justice personnel.