This project will be a 6–8 page paper in APA format. You will select a famous person (by reading a biography or viewing a movie) to complete a case study and a diagnosis. The person can be a historical or present-day figure of significance (e.g., has contributed to entertainment, science, industry, politics), or a fictitious character, such as Forest Gump or Anakin Skywalker.
This assignment in no way suggests that you have the education or training to complete such a task in the real world. Moreover, it does not imply that your chosen person truly has the diagnosis and/or has consented to treatment. Therefore, you must write a disclaimer at the beginning of your paper to demonstrate an awareness of ethical practice. You must also base your diagnosis on information from the course readings and materials in addition to professional resources from the UMGC library.
Please provide the following in your paper:
- Cover sheet: Provide the ethical disclaimer here (see Assignment Guidelines).
- Background information: Give the background information of your subject (age, culture, gender, history, etc.) Discuss relevant socio-cultural aspects of his or her life—for example, possible historical influences (e.g., World War II). Discuss these with a focus on etiology.
- Diagnostic information: Provide a possible diagnosis, framed against the diagnostic possibilities from the course readings. Use books, journals, and the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) for reference, to help you build your diagnostic summary. Explain signs and symptoms identified and their coherency with the person’s context (physiology, risk factors). Discuss bias, assumptions, confounds, and other considerations sound clinical diagnostic practices require.
- Compare and contrast of at least two theoretical orientations: Find at least two empirical supports for your diagnosis that pull from different theoretical orientations. Evaluate the diagnostic value (e.g., applicability, empirical strengths) of each within the context of your diagnosis. (Empirical supports must come from professional journals from the UMGC library).
- Summary and conclusions: Here, provide a synthesis of data and your conclusions based on a close analysis of the case.
Your paper should be written as a coherent essay. You may include additional insights in your analysis, but you must address these key issues.
Prepare your Famous Person Diagnostic Paper according to the following guidelines:
- Structure your paper utilizing APA style; this includes title page, headings, in-text citations, reference page, and general paper format (1-inch margins, double-spaced, 12-point font, etc.). An abstract is not required.
- Submit as a single document in either Microsoft Word, PDF, or RTF format.
- Your final Famous Person Diagnostic Paper should be approximately 6 to 8 pages (excluding title page, cover page, and reference page):
- Title page (does not count page towards paper length requirement)
- Cover sheet (This is Page 2 of your document and will stand alone, with the ethical disclaimer typed at the top of the page. Do not count this page towards paper length requirement).
- Body of paper (6 to 8 pages)
- References page (do not count page towards paper length requirement)