MATH107 Fall 2019
· This quiz covers week 4& 5 material and is worth 100 points.
· You must show all necessary work neatly to receive credit.
· The quiz is open book and open notes. This means that you may refer to your textbook, notes, and online course materials, but you must work independently and may not consult anyone.
· A brief honor statement is given below. Please sign it before you submit the Quiz. If you fail to sign the statement, your quiz will not be accepted. You may take as much time as you wish, provided you turn in your quiz as a single pdf document via LEO by 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday, November 10. Always check that the right document is uploaded properly.
I have completed this assignment myself, working independently and not consulting anyone.
1. Solve by extracting the square:
2. Solve by completing the square:
4. , Find
5. Find all complex roots of
7. . Find the following
(i) Domain of f(x)
(ii) Identify any vertical asymptotes of the graph of y = f(x).
(iii) Identify any holes in the graph.
(iv) Find the horizontal asymptote, if it exists.
(v) Find the slant asymptote, if it exists.
8. Sally can paint a room in 9 hours while it takes Steve 6 hours to paint the same room. How long would it take them to paint the room if they worked together? ( Refer wk5- Videos- rational equation application)