Assignment 1: International Expansion
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Assume that you are the Global Manager of a retail or fast food company. You have been doing business domestically, but now you want to expand to international markets. You have chosen China as the first country in which to expand your organization. Since you have not previously done business in China, you think that it would be a good idea to develop an international business strategy before taking the first steps toward expansion.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Develop a revised international product life cycle plan.
- Visit “Geert Hofstede” located at http://geert-hofstede.com/countries.htmland compare the cultural differences in China to the United States based on the “ 5-Dimensions of National Culture.”
- Analyze the economic, social/cultural, technology, and political/legal impact of your company doing business in China.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the elements of globalization, economic integration, and the impact of industrializing nations to identify patterns of trade and changes in global business operations.
- Analyze the major economic, social/cultural, technology, and political/legal aspects of the international business environment to identify opportunities and threats for a firm’s operations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international business strategy.
- Write clearly and concisely about international business strategy using proper writing mechanics.