Running head: INTERVIEW ON PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
INTERVIEW ON PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
Review the theories of Elkind, Erikson, Kohlberg, Marcia, and Piaget in Chapters 16 and 17 of the text.
Pick one of the theories reviewed in Chapters 16 and 17 of the text.
Write a paper of 850-1,000 words, discussing the selected theory and how it relates to your interview. Include the following in your paper:
· A description of the selected theory
· A description of your interviewee (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.)
· How the interviewee’s responses illustrate the selected theory. Support your response with examples.
Include three scholarly references, in addition to the text, in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, An abstract is required.
THE FOLLOWING IS THE PERSON AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
The person picked for the interview is Kevin Hakim. Kevin was born in Paterson, New Jersey and spent most of his adolescent life in New Jersey. He is the second child of four siblings, with a brother and 2 sisters. He enrolled in Eastside High School, after which he joined the Columbia University in the city of New York and pursued a computer science major. He now works for the Salesforce Company as a cloud engineer. He is 26 years old and has been married to Leila for the last two years, his university sweetheart. He lives in Brooklyn, where he has also been hosting his younger brother for the last two years.
1. What is the most memorable moment for you when you were growing up?
2. How would you describe your relationship with your siblings?
3. Have the same relations remained over time, or did they change along the way?
4. Were there any fights between your parents? Are they divorced?
5. How would you rate your school performance?
6. When in school, which was your occasional crew? And was your crew amicable with the other crews?
7. Were you picked at as adolescent? Which moments stand out?
8. Which people were your role models in school? Who did you idolize? And why?
9. Would you say the people you idolize in school have influence who you are as a person?
10. Did peer pressure influence your lifestyle in school? And if yes, to what extent?
11. What religion and culture do you best relate with? And does that have an influence on who you are? If yes, how so?
12. Are there specific events in your young life that you would say stood out for you? And influenced who you are today?
13. Do you feel that your lifestyle in school played a part in the career path you chose?
14. The relationships, attachments and friendships you made through schools; how did they influence who you are today?
15. In what other ways would you say your childhood experiences predetermined who you are today?