Assignment: Policy Analysis—Section 5: Recommendations
During this course, you will conduct a policy analysis related to social welfare. The policy analysis will have five sections. You will create your project incrementally throughout the course in Workshops Two through Seven. Each week, you will complete one section of the analysis and submit a piece of the whole so you can receive feedback from your instructor and improve your work before your final submission in Workshop Seven.
As a social worker, you will be expected to demonstrate character, leadership, and scholarship in the arena of policy and its use in clinical practice.
- Character is the product of constant action, striving daily to make the right choices. Through your work of advocacy toward policy reform, you are demonstrating such qualities as responsibility, fairness, and caring, and proving by example that you value character.
- Scholarship means a commitment to learning. Applying diligence and effort toward learning about policy and advocacy as a social worker can impact your practice positively as a professional.
- Leadership at your agency means having a positive influence on your colleagues. In taking the initiative to learn about and advocate for policy reform, you can encourage others to attain the same objective, thus positively affecting your clients and your work toward social justice.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify social policies at the local, state, and federal levels that impact well-being, service delivery, and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Assess how social welfare and economic policies impact the delivery of and access to social services. (PO 5)
- Analyze policies with regard to the advancement of human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice. (PO 5, ILO 5)
- Demonstrate character, scholarship, and leadership in becoming a world changer through application to personal life and professional social work practice.
- Demonstrate Christ-like attitudes, values, worldviews, and ethical and professional behavior within advanced clinical practice. (ILO 1)
- File: Final Project.pdf (in the Shared Documents)
- File: APA 6e Guide.pdf
- File: APA Template for Assignments.docx
- Academic Writer in IWU Resources
In this assignment, you will write:
- Policy Analysis—Section 5: Recommendations
You will provide proposed solutions to increase social justice related to this issue/policy and then submit your final project with all five sections. You will be submitting this both for instructor and peer review.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review the Final Project file for a description of the section you will write for this assignment.
- Review the IWU APA 6e Guide on how to cite sources properly.
- Complete the last section your policy analysis using the APA Template for Assignments.docx file. Please include 3 possible solutions to the issue. Identify which one would lead to the highest level of social justice. Also, is the solution you would work towards one that would lead to the highest level of social justice or would you choose one with less social justice but more easily adopted or implement?
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you:
- 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page
- Properly formatted headings
- Read the assignment instructions carefully.
- Use the spelling and grammar check.
- Review APA formatting and citation.
- Use APA format for organization, style, and source credits, including:
- Review the rubric that your instructor will use to evaluate your work. Self-assess your assignment using the rubric and make improvements as needed to meet expectations and ensure that your work fulfills all the requirements.
- When you’ve completed your assignment, save a copy of the following for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page by the end of the workshop.