ASSIGNMENT UNIT 3
ASSIGNMENT FOR UNIT 3.
PLEASE ALL SOLUTIONS MUST FOLLOW THE APA 7 FORMAT WITH IN-TEXT CITATIONS AND REFERENCES AT LEAST 4-5.
ALSO MUST HAVE AN INTRODUCTION STATING THE ISSUES WITH DEFINITIONS WHERE APPLICABLE AND THE BODY THE SOLUTIONS AND A CONCLUSION AND WHERE APPLICABLE A RECOMMENDATION.
ATTACHED ARE THE RUBICS FOR THE SOLUTIONS.
ALSO NOTE THAT ALL DEFINATIONS MUST BE IN-TEXT AND REFERENCED.
NB: ANSWERS SHOULD BE SEPARATE ANS NOT TOGETHER
PLEASE INCLUDE CLASS READINGS AS STATEDE IN EACH ASSIGNMENT IN YOUR IN-TEX AND REFERENCES.
BUS 5114 MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- CASE STUDY (1000 WORDS, 4 PAGES)
Case Study: Netflix and Disruptive Innovation
Case Study Readings
- Text: Bourgeois, D. T. (2014). Information Systems for Business and Beyond. Saylor.org. Licensed under Creative Commons (CC BY) Attribution.
- Chapter 4
- Kumar, N., Sharma, E., Matthews,B., & Baskov, V. (2015). Report prepared for: Netflix business model analysis. Download the PDF file.
- Adhikari, V. K., Guo, Y., Hao, F., Varvello, M., Hilt, V., Steiner, M., & Zhang, Z. L. (2012). Unreeling netflix: Understanding and improving multi-cdn movie delivery. In INFOCOM, 2012 Proceedings IEEE (pp. 1620-1628). IEEE. Retrieved May 10, 2016 from http://www.hit.bme.hu/~jakab/edu/litr/CDN/NetFlix12.pdf
- Madrigal, A. C. (2014, January 2). How Netflix Reverse Engineered Hollywood. Retrieved May 22, 2016, from http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/01/how-netflix-reverse-engineered-hollywood/282679/
- Disruptive Innovation. (2012). Retrieved May 22, 2016, from http://www.claytonchristensen.com/key-concepts/
Respond to the following questions:
- Netflix was able to gain a competitive advantage over its chief rival Blockbuster. Discuss the Netflix value proposition and how it successfully gained and advantage over Blockbuster.
- Identify and describe some of the technology innovations that Netflix was able to exploit and how these innovations contributed to competitive advantage.
- Netflix is often used as an example of disruptive innovation. Using the LIRC and the internet, research the concept of “disruptive innovation” and then discuss how Netflix fits the model of disruptive innovation. Consider what role technology played in achieving the disruptive innovation that provided Netflix with a competitive advantage.
Submit a paper which is 4 pages in length (no more than 4-pages), exclusive of the reference page. Paper should be double-spaced in Times New Roman (or its equivalent) font which is no greater than 12 points in size. The paper should cite at least three sources in APA format. One source can be your textbook, if applicable.
- Develop a case report for the Netflix case using case report rubric and guidelines
- Case report must integrate your concepts along with the input of your peers from the discussion assignment conducted in the previous unit
Be sure to read the Guidelines for Case Studies and the review the rubric before beginning this assignment.
BUS 5117 STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING AND MANAGEMENT
- Written Assignment (800 WORDS)
After reading the case study “DeBeers’s Diamond Dilemma,” perform a PESTEL and Five Forces analysis for DeBeers. Based on these two tools, evaluate the strategic vulnerability of the organization. If you were DeBeers’s CEO what two actions would you take to reduce the vulnerability?
McAdams, D. & Reavis, C. (2008). DeBeers’s Diamond Dilemma, MIT Sloan School of Management. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Retrieved from: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/LearningEdge/CaseDocs/07-045%20DeBeers%20Diamond%20Dilemma%20McAdams.pdf
Submit at least a 3-4- page case analysis, (independent of the title page and reference page) double-spaced in Times New Roman (or its equivalent) font which is no greater than 12 points in size. Paper and all citations should be in APA format.
Read the General Guidelines for Case Studies and the Case Analysis Rubric before beginning this assignment.
NB: PLEASE FIND ATTACHED THE RUBIC. DEAR PLEASE FOLLOW THE RUBIC IT IS KEY AND IT IS ATTACHED THANK YOU.