hours if you have questions. Please put all four parts in one document: PDF, Word, Goggledoc., etc.
- Go on line and find the CA Supreme Court Justices. Write one or two sentences about EACH Justice on something you found interesting. Attach the web page via screen shot, capture or cut and paste.
- Go on line and find the Los Angeles Superior Court. Once on the site find a court venue. Write one or two sentences about what you found interesting about that venue. Attach the web page via screen shot, capture or cut and paste.
- Go on line and find an Online Dispute Resolution program ODR. Write a few sentences/paragraph on what you found as to advantages and/or disadvantages. Attach screen shot.
- Answer question 11-9 at the end of Chapter 11 under Business Scenarios and Case Problems.
Business Scenarios and Case Problems
- The IDDR Approach and Fraudulent Misrepresentation. Data Consulting Group contracted with Weston Medsurg Center, a health-care facility in Charlotte, North Carolina, to install, maintain, and manage Weston’s computers and software. At about the same time, Ginger Blackwood began to work for Weston as a medical billing and coding specialist. Soon, she was submitting false time reports and converting Weston documents and data to her own purposes. On her request, Data Consulting’s manager Nasko Dinev removed evidence of her actions from her work computer. [Weston Medsurg Center v. Blackwood, 795 S.E.2d 829 (2017)] (See Voluntary Consent.)
- What should Weston do when it learns of these activities? With respect to this situation, identify and consider the firm’s primary ethical dilemma using the IDDR approach.
- Suppose that despite Dinev’s efforts, Weston is later able to recover the data that were removed from Blackwood’s work computer. How might this affect Weston’s choices? Discuss.