Please note: Your answers for all work must be based on the law, not on your feeling, biases, sympathy and your personal experience.
Business Management Liability Scenario Paper – Resource
Due end of Week 5 – worth 75 points
Write a 2 page paper. Paper should be typed, double-spaced using Times New Roman (font size 12-point) with 1-inch margins on all sides
No Cover Page is require for this assignment. Please include your name, professor’s name, Title of the paper and the date of submission of the assignment.
Please provide references on a Reference Page that includes two credible sources. In addition to the textbook, you have access to Nexus Uni through the Strayer Library. Please take advantage of this legal resource, it is required for this class.
Remember all papers must follow Strayer Writing Standards, not APA for citing sources in the text of the paper and on the Reference Page. See the link in BB titled, “Strayer Writing Standards.” Failure to cite sources amounts to plagiarism and will not be acceptable in this class.
This is a resource – you are not required to answer all these questions but your answers should reflect an understanding of all these questions.
1. Pursuant to contract law, is the waiver of liability legal and do Brian’s verbal assurances become part of the contract? Why or why not?
· Foundation comes from reading Chapters 11, 12 – Jennings, Marianne. (2018). Business: Its’ Legal, Ethical and Global Environment (11th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
· Explain contract law and contract formation with required elements
· What is a waiver of liability and what makes it valid?
· Can a contract be verbal or is it required in writing?
· Can what someone says override the contract terms or, become part of a contract?
· When can liability be waived?
2. Does Peta have a product liability case against the mower manufacturer Ferrari for a design defect, manufacturing defect, or failure-to-warn defect?
· Foundation comes from reading Chapter 13 of textbook.
· Explain product liability and the causes of action.
· When is a manufacturer liable for their product and when are they not?
3. Does Lori have a claim for her injuries and can she recover pain and suffering damages or worker’s compensation?
· Foundation comes from reading Chapter 13 of textbook and, research on state worker’s compensation laws.
· What is worker’s compensation and when is it available to employees?
· What is the law as to worker’s compensation?
· How does worker’s compensation differ from suing in court?
· Explain damages and what is available to recover for product liability?
Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
· Quality resources are course textbook, published books, academic journal articles, expert reports and case law.
· Wikipedia is not accepted.
Reference page examples below – pursuant to Strayer Writing Standards
1. Michael Harvey. 2013. The Nuts & Bolts of College Writing. p. 1. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://search. ebscohost.com/login.aspx
2. William R. Stanek. 2010. Storyboarding Techniques chapter in Effective Writing for Business, College and Life. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=359141&site=e ds-live&scope=site&ebv=EB&ppid=pp_23 3.
3. Zyad Hicham. 2017. Vocabulary Growth in College-Level Students’ Narrative Writing. http://libdatab.strayer.edu/ login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=edsdoj&AN=edsdoj.9b7fad40e529462bafe3a936 aaf81420&site=eds-live&scope=site
Please review how to cite your references using Strayer Writing Standards – see the link in our BB page.
The following citation will not be accepted and you will lose points: Citing a website only as: https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/25/18229714/cognizant-facebook-content-moderator-interviews-trauma-working-conditions-arizona
Suggestion on Dos and Don’ts
· Start your Assignment early (Do not wait to start 48 hours before the Assignment is due).
· Remember to discuss, and elaborate in your paper.
· Discuss each question equally – for example do not write 2 pages for question 1, and 2 sentences for question 5.
· Your discussion should be based on your research of the law and facts.
· Do no write about your feelings, emotions and personal experiences
· Ensure you submit the correct paper.
· Use the help provided to you such as Grammarly and the OnlineTutor.
· Remember to paraphrase your answers based on your research.
· Do not write an announcement in your paper, for example, “In this paper I will discuss whether or not I believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim. I will suggest and elaborate on three (3) ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.” This may increase your SafeAssign score.
· Do not write word for word from sources or your Safeassign will be high and you will lose points for resubmission.
· Do not write the Assignment questions in your paper (Use headings).
· Do not write about your personal experiences in your paper.