This week you will research and read Jason White, et al. v. National Collegiate Athletic Association 205 F. Supp. 60 (D. Md. 1962). You will need to find the case using Nexis Uni in our Library. You may also need to do additional research. Then, please answer the following questions:
1. What was the case about? Who did what to whom? Please include all facts the court considered significant. Summarize in your own words. DO NOT cut and paste from the opinion.
2. What law did the Court base their analysis on and why was it important?
3. What was the outcome of the case?
. Did the court affirm the lower court’s decision, reverse it, and/or remand it for additional proceedings?
. Why did the court decide the case the way it did?
. What legal standard did they use or establish?
. What prior cases did the Court rely upon and why?
· Did you agree or disagree with the outcome and why?
· Is there anything else that should be mentioned about this case? Is it a “landmark” case? Was the court “divided”? What were your personal thoughts on the case?
Your paper should be single spaced, approximately 3 pages in length, and 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1″ margins. You should put your name, date and student number at the top of the paper. A title page is not needed. It should be saved using your last name first in the file title (e.g. SmithCaseBrief.docx). Citations should be in APA format. If you are a major that is not in the Legal Studies Department, you may use APA citations; however, you must include a reference list at the end of your paper. Please attach your paper in Word format below.
For more information on case brief format, please see the resources attached below. The brief should be in your own words, so please do NOT include long quotes from the opinion itself.
White v. NCAA, 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 101374, 2006 WL 8066803 (United States District Court for the Central District of CaliforniaOctober 19, 2006, Filed).
Retrieved from https://advance-lexis-com.ezproxy1.apus.edu/api/document?collection=cases&id=urn:contentItem:59W4-1G91-F04C-T566-00000-00&