Cloud Project Work for Week 6: Begin Working on the Proof-of-Concept Report
Project Work for Week 6: Begin Working on the Proof-of-Concept Report
Your task is to develop a proof of concept by building a virtual machine on the AWS cloud platform to host the company’s current infrastructure. For the purpose of the lab, you will use Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to create your own VPC and launch a web server to host the company’s web server. You will also create security groups for an EC2 instance, configure and customize the EC2 instance to run the web server, and launch it into the VPC.
For this project, you will need to complete the “Build a Virtual Private Cloud and Launch a Web Server” hands-on activity and include screenshots of your work in the project. Read the report template before starting the activity for instructions on required screenshots.
Use the Proof-of-Concept Report Template to prepare a report that shows the steps and results for the proof of concept. In the template, you will see specific instructions in the document. Delete the instruction text before you submit your project.
Your report should:
- Be five to seven pages long (plus an appendix for screenshots, cover page, and table of contents)
- Address the topics listed in the Proof-of-Concept Report Template
- Include the following screenshots from the “Build a Virtual Private Cloud and Launch a Web Server” activity:
- Start Lab page
- AWS Management Console Name with your name visible from user drop-down
- Task 1: Create Your VPC
- Task 2: Create Additional Subnets
- Task 3: Create a VPC Security Group
- Task 4: Launch a Web Server Instance