1. Two and three substantial pages. DUE BY 4:00 pm Friday EASTERN TIME.
2. Must follow attachment format. Your assignment must be prepared using APA format headings and format (title page, abstract, and conclusion)
You must use the in the example’s headings, arguments and counterarguments in the analysis, and bold all in‐text citations. No Plagiarism, and two citations.
3. Your analysis and solutions must be based on the principles of law, ethics, and business – not on your opinions. You MUST describe how application of the principles to the key facts support your determination of the issues, in other words, you need to show the reasoning behind your decision.
2. Recognize the applicable areas of law
3. Identify the applicable principles of law
4. Identify the key facts
5. Apply the law to the facts to resolve the issue
6. APA Format; Organization; and grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Frank is the receiving dock supervisor for Cabinet Co., a company that manufactures metal storage cabinets. His job is to supervise the inspection, and stocking of components and materials used in the manufacture of the cabinets as they are delivered; and to so notify the accounting department so invoices can be timely paid. On June 1, the company received a shipment of casters used in the manufacture of rolling cabinets. This new shipment would not be needed for three weeks as there were plenty of casters located on the assembly line. The storage facilities where the casters would normally be placed were under renovation, and there would be no space to store this latest shipment of casters until June 20. Frank decided to leave the unopened boxes of casters in a secure and covered corner of the receiving dock. He did, however, notify the accounting department that the casters had been received. The accounting department paid the $8,000.00 invoice in time to earn the discount if paid within ten days.
On June 20 Frank had his workers open the boxes of casters to inspect then and place them in the appropriate space in the storage facility. Upon inspection it was determined that nearly all of the casters were defective and unusable. This caused the company to default on several contracts for rolling cabinets as it ran out of casters before it could secure replacements for the defective ones. Cabinet Co. was able to replace the casters at a 15% increase in cost.
Discuss Cabinet Co.’s remedies, duties and obligations with respect to the casters.