In this module’s Learn section, you explored the concept of development. The authors provided you with thoughts on both the causes of development and various methods by which development may be measured.
Read: Dickovick & Eastwood (2017): Chapter 5
Dickovick & Eastwood (2017): Chapter 5
1. What do the authors mean by “development”?
2. What indicators are most useful and effective in measuring development?
3. What indicators, if any, should be added to those described by the authors?
4. How might one go about distinguishing between causes and effects?
5. For example, is wealth a cause of development, evidence of development, or a neutral characteristic that is neither a cause or an effect of development? What about liberty?