The assessments in this course give you the opportunity to design a project plan. Throughout the 5 weeks, you will choose an organization, create a project, write project metrics, and develop a plan that includes a contingency plan. You may use the course textbook and outside resources for all assessments.
This week you will choose your organization and learn about its corporate values.
Review Strategic Management-8 Most Popular Cases in Connect. Access the case studies from the folder on the main course page in Blackboard.
Choose one of the organizations to use for all weekly assessments. You will not be able to change your organization, so make sure you are comfortable with your choice. An organization is typically centered on its mission and vision, but it may not always do as its statement says.
Use the Degree of Alignment: Advanced Organizer template to:
- Describe the mission, vision, values, structure, and culture of the company. Each description should be 75-100 words.
- Based on your advanced organizer and further research on your company, analyze the degree of alignment between what the organization is currently doing (actions) and their mission, vision, values, structure, and culture. Think about what your company is doing right and on-brand and where there is room for improvement. Your analysis should be 500-750 words.
- Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides