Complete “Choosing the Board: Charting the Course with Competing Priorities (pg #241)” exercise. Rank them from highest to lowest.
- Explain why you made your rankings.
- List their diversity characteristics and how that impacted your ranking.
- Regardless of which four nominees are appointed, replacing one-third of the Board members all at once will mean a radical change for this board. This is a source of concern for the Board members and a serious concern of the hospital CEO who deals frequently with the Board. What might be done to ease the transition for the Board itself and for the CEO?
- What patterns emerge in your choices? Were all of your choices the same on any dimension(s)? Explain.
- How diversified would you say your choices are? Did you consciously or unconsciously make choices on the basis of any particular dimension of diversity? Explain.
- If all four of your choices were selected for the Board, how diversified could your complete Board be?
- This part of the weekly assignment will be at least 1,000 words in order to address all of the questions
Investigate various “wellness program models” used by organizations. Write a report describing the costs and benefits of these models and identify the features that are important to the success of wellness programs regardless of the model used. (500 words)