Complete “Choosing the Board: Charting the Course with Competing Priorities (pg #241)” exercise. Rank them from highest to lowest.
- Explain why you made your rankings.
- List their diversity characteristics and how that impacted your ranking.
- Regardless of which four nominees are appointed, replacing one-third of the Board members all at once will mean a radical change for this board. This is a source of concern for the Board members and a serious concern of the hospital CEO who deals frequently with the Board. What might be done to ease the transition for the Board itself and for the CEO?
- What patterns emerge in your choices? Were all of your choices the same on any dimension(s)? Explain.
- How diversified would you say your choices are? Did you consciously or unconsciously make choices on the basis of any particular dimension of diversity? Explain.
- If all four of your choices were selected for the Board, how diversified could your complete Board be?
- This part of the weekly assignment will be at least 1,000 words in order to address all of the questions
Investigate various “wellness program models” used by organizations. Write a report describing the costs and benefits of these models and identify the features that are important to the success of wellness programs regardless of the model used. (500 words)
- Hanna, L. (2011, August 4). Guidelines for wellness programs.
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health (2013). A model wellness guide (draft) (Search: A model wellness guide in the search box)
- Shemkus, S. (2013, March 3). Wellness programs pay off in the workplace. Boston Globe. P.p. G1, 6.
- 1500-1750 words (5-7 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Reference any outside content. Include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
- save your assignment as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- File name:
- name your saved file according to your last name, first initial and the week (for example, “jonesb.week1”)
- submit your assignment to the Drop Box