You are the Director of Earthquake Preparedness for Los Angeles. You have been tasked with writing a press release educating the public on earthquake preparedness.
Prepare a 525- to 700-word press release that includes the following information:
- Descriptions of hazards associated with earthquakes in Los Angeles
- Origin and causes of earthquakes
- The role of seismographs and other tools used to study the Earth’s interior
- Relation of earthquakes to plate tectonics and faults in Los Angeles
- Historical disasters associated with past earthquakes in the LA region
- Potential of future earthquake events and safety precautions that individuals can take
- Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides