ECS 111 Fall 2016
Test #2 (Take Home) Due 1 November 2016
Due to hurricane Mathew we are a lecture behind. Therefore this is a take home exam. Answer two questions. Use one page each. Answers should consist of three to five short bullets (outline form, see example below) and two references. References should be from juried literature or an archived media source, No BLOGS. Include dates and page #s in the format in the writing guide.
Example: Discuss global warming
· Climate changes associated with changes in atmospheric radiation budget and feed backs.
· CO₂ and other greenhouse gases trap heat in troposphere.
· Anthropogenic link in CO₂ rise; consequences to global environment.
Brown, P. 2007. Global Warming. Reader’s Digest, Pleasantville, NY, 320 pp.
Krause, R. M. 2012. Political decision making and the local provision of public goods: The case of municipal climate protection in the US. Urban Studies, 49(11), 2399-2417.
1) Provide an outline for an essay on your favorite animal. (Only students who did this assignment may answer this question).
2) Write an outline for an analysis of a specific agricultural crop (soybean, corn, wheat…). Include both points on the economics and environmental impact of these crops in the outline.
3) Produce an outline for a common soil type, its geographic range, and the biome(s) it is associated with.
4) Outline an essay on a specific example of a forest/grassland boundary. This should include the issue of whether this is a stable system.