1. Define biodiversity on a global scale.
2. Research and then name the Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species of humans.
3. Name and thoroughly describe the four ways in which humans threaten other species.
4. Describe habitat fragmentation. What are the effects of fragmentation? What are corridors and why can they be
5. Name five ways in which humans are dependent on other species.
6. Describe three things that you can do today in your own life to help preserve biodiversity. Explain why you think that these actions will be beneficial in this regard.
7. Allowing smoking in restaurants and movie theaters is an example of a:
8. The contamination of a water source by lead is an example of a:
9. The emergence of the Zika virus is an example of a:
10. Getting a sunburn is an example of a:
11. Why do contagious diseases often claim more lives in developing nations than non-contagious disease. Describe three reasons.
12. Getting sunburn is an example of a: physical environmental effect on human health.
13. What are toxins? How is the toxicity of chemical determined?
14. What are the pros and cons to using lab animals to determine the toxicity of chemicals?
15. What are tectonic plates? Use your own words to describe why they move relative to one another.
16. What is a mineral? Why is it important that items that use minerals be recycled?
17. What causes an earthquake?
18. Describe a geologic hazard other than an earthquake. How have humans intensified this particular hazard, or have they? Explain.
19. Describe two types of mining. Be thorough in your answer.
20. Name three things that you can do this week in your everyday life to lower the need for mining around the world.