Course-Level Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
For all Assessments, the following general requirements hold:
(1) Assignments should be 2-3 double-spaced pages, with reasonable (12 pt.) font and reasonable (1 inch) margins.
(2) Citations to the material are required; in-text citations are preferred (MLA style).
(3) Assignments should be turned into eCampus (for the collection of artifacts for scoring).
SLO #2: Social Media and the USA Presidency. 70% of students will successfully research and evaluate how the office of the President and Vice President uses social media as a platform for their agendas. [ SLO #2 fulfills the following Program Level Outcomes: Communication, Critical Thinking, Social and Personal Responsibility, as well as the following Course Level Outcomes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.]
Activity for assessment:
Is Social Media a good forum for elected leaders? How should they best communicate with the public? You’ll evaluate the President and Vice President on their use of Twitter and Facebook to implement their agendas.
(*to follow up on more specific information associated with each individual, place your browser arrow over ‘The Administration’ tab and you should have the separate offices drop down*)
5. Do these elected leaders have any more personal or social responsibility to the citizens and residents of the USA than the average Facebook or Twitter user? Why?
6. If you were the social media advisor to each man, what would suggest for each? Based on your “best practices,” are they doing it right? What can each do to try to reach out beyond their base of supporters/followers?
7. How would you distinguish between what is truth v what are lies?
This assignment must follow MLA guidelines, be typed in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, and be a minimum of 1000 words with a works cited page. The works cited are not included in the minimum word count. Any articles/web links given in the assignment prompt MUST be cited in your paper and works cited. You may also use other sources, but there are 5 minimum required in the prompt. Without all of them, your paper is a 0.