Topic: Benchmark – Christianity and Research
The rise of secular humanism to prominence in the scientific community has led to the mantra that there is no place for Christianity in scientific study. This assignment will explore the potential conflict of Christianity, science, and ethics, and will guide the learner to make conclusions regarding the appropriate influence of the Christian worldview on psychology research ethics.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
Write a paper (2,000-2,250 words) that addresses the role of the Christian worldview in the application of research ethics in the field of psychology. Address the following in your paper:
1. Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists. Chapters 3 and 4.
2. The Dark Side of Professional Ethics:a. Knapp, S., Handelsman, M. M., Gottlieb, M. C., & VandeCreek, L. D. (2013). The dark side of professional ethics. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 44(6), 371-377.b. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=2013-45032-001&site=eds-live&scope=site
3. What Are some Christian Worldview Essentials?a. Slick, M. (n.d.). What are some Christian worldview essentials?URL: https://carm.org/what-are-some-christian-worldview-essentials
4. What’s a Christian Worldview?a. Tackett, D. (n.d.). What’s a Christian worldview? [Web log post].b. URL: http://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/christian-worldview/whats-a- christian-worldview/whats-a-worldview-anyway
5. Bishop Barron on Christianity and Ethicsa. Barron, R. (Director). (2015, February 12). Bishop Barron on Christianity and ethics. [Video].b. URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGxaEqlYhE
6. Worldview: Christian Ethicsa. AllAboutWorldview.org. (2016). Worldview: Christian ethics.b. URL: http://www.allaboutworldview.org/christian-ethics.htm