MATH 074 –
1. Find three consecutive integers whose sum is -141.
2. Winston deposited $3,294 in a bank account with an interest rate of 2.6%. How much interest was earned in 5 years?
3. Emma bought a pair of shoes on sale at 40% off from an original price of $138. Find the discounted price. Show your work in one step.
Marquese is making 10 pounds of trail mix from raisins and nuts. Raisins cost $3.45 per pound, and nuts cost $7.95 per pound. How many pounds of raisins and how many pounds of nuts should Marquese use for the trail mix to cost him $6.96 per pound?
5. The measures of two angles of a triangle are 22 and 85 degrees. Find the measure of the third angle.
6. A triangular road sign has a base measuring 30 inches, and a height measuring 40 inches. What is its area?
7. Use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the length of the hypotenuse.
8. The length of a rectangle is 36 feet and the width is 19 feet. Find the perimeter and the area.
9. When Gabe drives from Sacramento to Redding, it takes him 2.2 hours. It takes Elsa 2 hours to drive the same distance. Elsa’s speed is seven miles per hour faster than Gabe’s speed. Find Gabe’s speed and Elsa’s speed.
10. On the same grid, graph the equations, and name the x and y intercepts: ; y = -2. Are the following points solutions to the first equation: (4, 5), (-2, 7)?
11. Find the slopes of the following equations:
y = 2
x = -3
12. Find the slope of the line between the points: (-5, -2), (3, 2).