What is the atmosphere?
· The atmosphere captures energy selectively
· Evaporated water stores and redistributes heat
· Ocean currents also redistribute heat
Climate changes overtime
· Ice core tells us about climate history
· What causes natural climatic swings
How do we know the climate is changing faster than usual
How do we know that climate change is human caused?
· Why are there disputes over climate evidence?
Interactions between climate and air pollution
· Air pollutants can travel far
· Ozone in the stratosphere is harmed by CFCs
Effects of air pollution.
· Polluted air damages lungs and tissues
· Plants are sensitive to pollutants
· Smog and haze reduce visibility
Air pollution control
· The best strategy is reducing production