Task: For this assignment, you need to select an open source or freeware tool for evaluation. The tool should be helpful in the context of network security (e.g., for analysing network traffic, for detecting malware, for monitoring hosts or traffic). Please note that you are not allowed to select Snort because it has been the subject of an assessment for module CO874.
1. Small network setup: For the evaluation, you will need to setup a small network for the practical work.
• You can use your own resources (laptop or desktop), if they allow you to set a small network, and work individually.
2. Tool evaluation: The evaluation should EXTENSIVELY test ONE relevant, but non-trivial, feature of the selected tool.
3. Individual report: The report should contain the following sections. Please use the exact headings provided.
• Introduction: This section should motivate the selection of the tool and the selection of the feature. A short overview of the feature selected is recommended.