Health Policy Brief (One-Page Leave Behind) Assignment. Please Follow The Instructions, Sample And Rubric.
Health Policy Brief -Assignment
Below is the link for the Health Policy:
Purpose: This assignment is for you to prepare a policy brief. The assignment engages you in learning about an issue and to accurately – and in a non-biased fashion — identify the policy and political issues that are central to that topic.
· You will select a current healthcare related bill
· Review the resources provided regarding preparing a one-page policy brief.
· You will prepare a one-page health policy brief, often referred to as a one-page leave behind.
· Your design format does not have to be exactly like any of the samples provided but must contain the same information.
· For the purposes of this assignment, you will assume the role of a group of registered nurses (should you decide that this is important to include in your brief).
· Your audience will be your senator and local delegate that you will be meeting with (hypothetically) soon.
· The sections must be divided by headings, as you will see in the examples.
· You may single-space.
· The brief should be visually pleasing and easy to read.
· You may want to Include bullets instead of lengthy paragraphs.
· Try to stick to only one or two references. There are to be in APA format (you may single-space.
*This is a sample layout. You can decide on your own design and even headings, as long as this information is provided.
Title: Name and number of Bill
· Statement of the Issue/Problem (aka introduction). This should be a brief (2-3 sentence) describing the issue.
· Begin with a brief overview of the policy issue and state the
problem you hope to solve or the objective you hope to achieve.
· Map where your argument will take the reader and explicitly
outline your thesis/key point.
Background & Evidence
· An explanation of the problem and its significance.
· Briefly explain the history of the policy issue.
· Persuasively outline why your policy recommendation(s) will solve the problem or achieve the objective you highlighted in your introduction.
· Use evidence from research studies, case studies, legislative experiences of other jurisdictions, reputable polling/surveys and other sources to support your perspectives and advance your credibility.
· List recommendations about what you want your senator and delegate to do.
Reference(s) (of your information)
NOTE: See attachments for sample and rubric.