1. What is a labor contract that young, impoverished, and often illiterate English men (and occasionally English women) signed in England pledging to work for a number of years?
1. Which document is sometimes referred to as the “first American governing document”?
|Articles of Confederation|
1. The Carolinas started to pass slave codes around this time:
1. New England’s maritime economy relied on all of the following EXCEPT:
|scores of oceangoing ships.|
|transportation of Virginian tobacco.|
|transportation of West Indian sugar.|
|immigrants and outsiders.|
1. Quaker culture discouraged all of the following common colonial actions EXCEPT:
|war and conflict.|
|segregation from native tribes.|
1. Match the description given to the most appropriate colony.
1. Match the description given to the most appropriate term.
1. Discuss how the religious and social issues of Europe helped to define and segregate the early American colonies. Your response must be at least 200 words in length.