Assignments to complete this week:
● Reading: Zikmund et al. (9th ed.)
○ Chapter 3: Theory Building
○ Chapter 4: The Business Research Process
○ Chapter 5
: The Human Side of Business Research: Organizational and Ethical Issues
○ Paulson, D. J., Platt, M. L., Huettel, S., & Brannon, E. M. (2012). From risk-seeking to risk-averse: The development of economic risk preference from childhood to adulthood. Frontiers in Psychology 3, 313 DOI:10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00313
● Post DQ Answers by Thursday at 11:59 p.m.
● Post DQ Peer Responses by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
● Activity 1: Article Review due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
Each week, students must post one (1) answer and one (1) peer response for every discussion question. See Grading Criteria for Discussion Board Participation in the University Policies for Discussion Question and Response expectations.
Discussion Question 1 – CLO 1
1. On January 30, 2018, three major US corporations, Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase announced their partnership to create solutions to address the healthcare needs of their US employees. Based on decision making situations outlined in chapter four of Zikmund et al. (9th ed.)textbook where potential situations are categorized based on the degree of certainty or ambiguity and perception of problem vs opportunity, how would you categorize this decision? Based on your analysis, discuss how you would evaluate the classification that is presented in your textbook? Limit your response to 150 words.
2. Suppose you are trying to collect data for a research project by conducting an online survey. Based on the discussions presented in chapter five of Zikmund et al. (9th ed.) textbook, what information will you provide to your targeted audience in order to address some of the ethical issues in data collection. Limit your response to 150 words.
Activity 1 – Article Review – CLO 1, CLO 2
Review the article by Paulson et al. (2012). Based on what was discussed in chapter three of Zikmund et al. (9th ed.) textbook and the theories discussed in the article, what would be your proposition if you were given an opportunity to present your case in favor of conducting research on this matter. Based on your proposition, create a hypothesis that could be used in your research. Finally, how would you restructure the employee benefits package if your hypothesis was confirmed.