As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your classroom experience to your practicum experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency This week, you begin documenting your practicum experiences in your Practicum Journal.
· Analyze nursing and counseling theories to guide practice in psychotherapy*
· Summarize goals and objectives for personal practicum experiences*
· Produce timelines for practicum activities* *The Assignment related to
· In preparation for this course’s practicum experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Select one nursing theory and one counseling theory to best guide your practice in psychotherapy. Note: For guidance on nursing and counseling theories, refer to this week’s Learning Resources.
· Explain why you selected these theories. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Develop at least three goals and at least three objectives for the practicum experience in this course.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.