Assignment: SCIE211 Phase 5 Lab Report
Title: Identifying Environmental Hazards
Instructions: You will write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method to answer the following questions:
· Why do you see increases and decreases in the invasive species population?
· What are the implications associated with these alterations to the ecosystem as a whole?
When your lab report is complete, post it in Submitted Assignment files.
Part I: Using the lab animation, fill in the data table below to help you generate your hypothesis, outcomes, and analysis.
|Years||Zebra and Quagga Mussel (density/m2)||Phytoplankton (µg/ml)||Zooplankton (µg/ml)||Cladophora Biomass (g/m2)||Foraging Fish (kilotons)||Lake Trout (kilotons)|
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
· State the purpose of the lab.
· This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
· Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
· A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
· Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
· Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
· In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results, and if the outcome was as expected.
· Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and number, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
When your lab report is complete, post it in Submitted Assignment files