· The first document filed in a lawsuit is?
· What are the pleadings in an answer?
· A counter claim is used against a ___________ where a cross claim is used against a ______________.
· A default judgment is given to which party?
· Which is usually the first form of discovery in a civil trial?
· A motion for summary judgment is given when?
· Voire Dire is?
· Other than cost, a main benefit that Negotiation has over a Trial is:
· Facilitative mediators mainly try to:
· Arbitration is most likely to be used when:
· The goal of the Federal Arbitration Act is to ensure that:
· A complaint may be dismissed by a motion to dismiss when:
· The defendant’s response to a complaint is called a:
· In discovery, a request for access to medical records might be granted when:
· Bob testified that Mark told him that Jim confessed to the murder Joe. What would you do as an attorney representing the defendant?
· What is the proper trial chronology?
· The jury determines ___________ and the judge determines ______________?
· Which business forms attach the most personal liability to the owners?
· What is the easiest way to prove a partnership exists?
· Joint and several liability refers to:
· Which business entities no federal taxes:
· A _____________ requires at least one general partner while a _______________ requires at least two general partners.
· Corporate directors may be protected from liability by __________________ for bad decisions?
· An S-Corporation is:
· “Piercing the corporate veil” refers to:
· Limited Partners have limited liability for the debts of the partnership, except when:
· Death of an owner causes a ______________ to a partnership but a Corporation is a ______________ and will continue after the death of an owner.
· Double taxation is:
· Partnership agreements should address the following issues to avoid long term problems (3D’s):
· If your only business concerns were taxes and cost, then you would probably have what type of business?
· State law provides for entity formation and the office holder generally responsible for that process in each state is:
· Blue Sky Laws are:
· The two main federal securities laws are:
· Where is the definition of a security found?
· Which of the following is most likely a security?
· Rule 503 is:
· What is a a tombstone ad:
· Tippees are:
· Quarterly (10-Q) and annual filing statements (10-K) for publicly traded companies with the SEC must be signed by:
· The enabling statue for the Securities and Exchange Commission is:
· Which of the following may make a contract voidable by both parties to a contract?
· Contracts that are terminated as a matter of law or public policy are considered:
· Oral contracts are:
· To determine if a statement was an offer, the courts would use a _____________ standard:
· The offeror is:
· Which of the following is a defense to a contract:
· What is the essential difference between forming a contract under UCC or Common Law:
· What is a good under UCC:
· “I want to sell my car for $5,000” can most likely be described as:
· An executed contract is one that is:
· An executory contract requires:
· What can make a contract void?
· Accord and satisfaction occurs when there is?
· What type of contract damages places the injured party in the same position as they would have been in without the breach?
· Contract performance will be excused when – give example:
· What is employment-at-will:
· Principals are liable for the acts of independent contractors if:
· An agent is liable to third parties when
· Apparent authority will continue even after termination of the agency unless:
· Apparent authority ends?