Movements For Change-The 1960s And Its Legacy
Power Point of Prezi Presentation:
Unit #7 Movements for Change: 1960s
- General instructions:
- Choose one (1) group [African Americans, Women, Native Americans, Mexicans, Gays/Lesbians, and Elderly] that fought for their civil rights during the era of the l960s.
- Conduct research (textbook, Internet, video, etc.) to obtain data concerning the following: goals, leadership, strategies, methods, outcomes and legacy…now after 50 years.
- Identify any “unresolved” issues, goals, topics, etc…that are still be addressed in the “public arena”…today.
- Submit a Power Point presentation that answers the items listed above.
- Power Point or Prezi presentation: Max 10 slides. This does NOT include your title page or your bibliography.
- Textbook Assignment:
- OPEN STAX—pages in final chapters that are relevant to your topic.
- Identify 5 additional scholarly sources.
- Document each slide if relevant. Either use footnotes or endnotes (at the end of the slide show).
- You are required to show evidence from all textbooks/sources.
- Read in OPENSTAX text data on the topic of your choice. Start with topic l945 and continue to the present. Chapters 29-32.
Remember to use 4 additional scholarly sources. Use Pocket Guide for correct format for endnotes or footnotes.