Organizational Leadership Final Draft
Create a 15- to 20-slide presentation (not including the title and reference pages) that addresses your personal best leadership experience.
You have two choices for this assignment that account for different levels of professional experience. Below are your two options:
- Option 1: Discuss your personal best experience performing as a leader in an organization.
- Option 2: Discuss your personal best experience following a leader in an organization.
Be sure to incorporate elements from your reading regarding the leadership approach you discuss (i.e., type of leadership) and how it compares to followers’ needs, based on the followership theory and other tenets of effective leadership.
Address the areas listed below in your presentation. Keep in mind that it would be very rare that a leader performed exceptionally in every area listed here, so do address these questions in terms of opportunities for improvement, as well.
In your presentation,
- Identify your role in your personal best leadership experience.
- Summarize the organization and the context in which you were either a leader or follower in this experience.
- Evaluate the leadership approach that was used in the experience, with specific attention to the theories and leadership factors explored in this course.
- Analyze the approach to team leadership that was used in the experience, if applicable.
- Critique how the leadership style used influenced relationships with the individuals involved.
- Interpret how your motivation and that of others involved was affected by the leadership approach.
- Analyze how those involved in the experience had their needs supported by leadership, based on the principles of followership.
- Evaluate how diverse people and groups (e.g., women, people from other cultures) were included in the experience by the leader.
- Assess the overall effectiveness of the leadership approach in the experience.
- Identify specific areas for improvement in the leadership approach, based on your learning in this course.
The Final Presentation
- Must be 15 to 20 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- As the University of Arizona Global Campus updates to the new edition of the APA Style manual, you may want to take a look at APA Style Elements (Links to an external site.). Here is more information on creating Presentations (Links to an external site.) and an example by the Writing Center.
- Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.