The purpose of the assignment is for you to critically evaluate open sources for reliability and for you to explore your biases. As an intelligence analyst or OSINT professional you will have to provide the decision maker with the best available intelligence analysis. So choose your sources carefully and keep your mind open as you select ONE of the below topics for your paper. This four (4) to six (6) page paper is due at the end of week 4. As always, the page count does not include the title or references pages.
1. Who is “Anonymous”? Research the answer, gather evidence to support your argument, and give your best speculation on who it is and why. You must nominate one person and don’t focus on more than one person. An article was published in the New York Times in September of 2018: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html. And a book was published in November 2019: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/trump-admin-targets-soon-be-published-insider-book-anonymous-n1076161 The search continues to identify who is Anonymous and you are part of that search if you should choose to accept this assignment. https://youtu.be/rq3cBMleNiM
2. Describe and explain the Clinton e-mail controversy. Does the evidence show there was damage to national security or just damage to her campaign?
3. To what degree did the Trump Campaign, transition team, and administration collude (be sure to review the definition) with the Russians? What impact did they have on it and is America more prepared now for future attempts by any adversary? A thorough review and use of The Mueller Report, part I, is required to answer this question: https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
4. Describe and explain the Uranium One Deal. To what degree did Hillary Clinton collude with the Russians?
5. You are the Chief of OSINT for country X. The president is trying to understand what was going on with the POTUS, Giuliani, the “three amigos”, and all this quid pro quo business with Ukraine to see if there is room for exploitation vis-a-vis your country. Describe what happened, what impact it had on international relations, and what vulnerabilities does it expose the administration to?
Please review the attached information literacy tools that may help you with your research and writing of this paper.
Citation and Reference Style
Students will follow the Chicago Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework to the course. See http://www.apus.edu/Online-Library/tutorials/chicago.htm. A quick guide may be found at: The Chicago Manual of Style, 17th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2017 available online at: http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/home.html The Author-Date system is recommended. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/717/10/
All written submissions should be submitted in Times New Roman 12pt font with 1” margins, typewritten in double-spaced format. College-level work is expected to be free of grammar, usage, and style errors.