PAD520: Policy Analysis and Program Evaluation
Policy Identification and Analysis
You have been tasked to present at a town hall meeting in your local town or city to present the details about a new local policy that is being proposed.
The presentation will need to define the problem, proposed solutions, risks, challenges, and funding opportunities/challenges. Topics may include local government changes to communities (for example, transportation, commercial enterprise effects on nearby townships, affordable housing construction, environmental effects of new/old business operations, addressing homelessness support, and others).
Develop an 8–10 slide presentation in which you:
1. Analyze and define the problem to include possible political conflicts.
2. Identify risks and challenges.
3. Identify and construct policy alternatives and solutions.
4. Identify stakeholders and key roles.
5. Identify funding opportunities, challenges, and budget cost factors, to include saving measures.
6. Select supportive and evaluative criteria.
7. Identify incentives, subsidies, and potential benefits.
8. Draw conclusions in a thorough summary, including lessons learned.