Principles Of Personnel And Human Resource Management
Topic: Employee Development
The process of employee development directly follows a successful recruiting and interviewing process that brings the right individuals to the right roles within an organization. Employee development connects the initial training of the employee with ongoing performance management in order to attain a positive evaluation of the employee’s performance. In this assignment, you will explore the relationships among the components of employee development.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Include three scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
· Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that describes the relationships among the components of employee development. Include the following in your paper:
1. A research-based differentiation between performance management and performance appraisal.
2. A research-based description of how initial training influences the amount and type of performance management.
3. A research-based description of how initial training and performance management relate to performance evaluation.
Stolovitch, H. D. (2015). Human performance technology: Research and theory to practice. Performance Improvement, 54(3), 37-46. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ehh&AN=101762345&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Sullivan, J. (2011, Jan. 31). The top 50 problems with performance appraisals. TLNT. URL:http://www.eremedia.com/tlnt/the-top-50-problems-with-performance-appraisals/
Petean, F. I. (2015). Appreciative dialogue in individual performance appraisal. Managerial Challenges of the Contemporary Society, 8(2), 28-33. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=113260026&site=ehost-live&scope=site