Clarification Stage of the Final Project
Exercise 1: Take Stock
Purpose: To identify strengths and areas for improvement regarding Sheridan’s online experience.
Step 1. On a Miro board, brainstorm things that are going well (15) and things that aren’t going so well (15) regarding Sheridan online. Please use stick ‘em up brainstorming (i.e., brainstorming with post-it stickies).
· Rate each idea/issue on a scale of 1-3 and add your rating to each stickie. For example, No online food service (2)
· 1 = low impact, 2 = moderate impact, 3 high impact
Step 3. Review your ratings and identify the top 5 most important strengths (things going well) and 5 most important negatives (things that aren’t going so well) – and tag them with a dot sticker or an asterisk (*).
Step 4. Screenshot your idea list and paste it here for your master copy of the exercise booklet. Be sure all team member cursors are in the shot.
[PASTE PHOTO HERE]
Step 5. List your top 5 important issues on each side in Table 1 below.
Table 1. Important Issues re: Sheridan Online
|Strengths (rating)||Negatives (rating)|
Step 6. In Table 1, review your ratings and identify the top 3 most important negatives – the things that aren’t going so well and tag them with asterisks (*).
· Select a single most important issue that you wish to take to the Ideation Stage and work on for the rest of this project. Make sure it is from your list of ‘things that aren’t going well’ .
· In Table 1, tag it in some way to signify selection (e.g., Bold it; Highlight it), and
· Type it in Table 2 below. This is your Clarified Problem
Table 2: Clarified Problem
Congratulations, you have Clarified an important problem and are ready to proceed to the Ideation Stage. This marks the completion of the Clarify Booklet