Paper 4— Self in Love
Referring to what you know about the strong self, write three or six pages about the kind of relationship a person with a strong self might have.
To help focus your paper, you might reflect on how a strong self might answer these questions:
01. Why should I expect to be treated with love, respect & kindness by others?
02. How can I be attractive if I am only average-looking?
Dress like a whore? Move like a stripper?
03. How do I define “working at a relationship?”
04. What is wrong with trading sex for love? Love for sex?
(If sex is not the first priority in a partnership, what is?)
05. What is wrong with trading taking-care-of-my-partner for love?
06. What is wrong with partnering with someone simply because s/he needs me?
07. What is wrong with manipulating my partner (by whining, sulking, bullying, shaming, guilt-making)? .
08. What is wrong with allowing myself to be abused by my partner if that is the price I must pay for a partner? (An abuser is often very needy, and I’ve been taught to be forgiving.)
09. What is the difference between “life-supporting” my partner and “life-partnering” my partner?
10. If the sex is good enough, I can overlook the undesirable aspects of my relationship. What is wrong with that? (“You & me. Baby, ain’t nothin’ but mammals. . . .” Men are sex-driven studs, and women are sex objects.)
11. What is the least kind of partner I could settle for?
The paper must follow APA (6th ed.) format. You must have a title page. A minimum of three pages and a maximum of six pages, including a title page. (Remember—Double space, Times New Roman, 12 font, one inch margs)