Discussion question Prac.
Discussion: Clinical Supervision
Clinical Supervision is an essential component of your development as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. It provides an opportunity for professional collaboration as you share experiences with and gain insights from colleagues. For this Clinical Supervision, consider a client whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
· Assess clients presenting for psychotherapy
· Evaluate effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients receiving psychotherapy
· Apply existential-humanistic therapy to clients with psychiatric disorders
· Review this week’s media and consider the insights provided.
· Reflect on the clients you are currently counseling at your practicum site.
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video that addresses the following:
· Describe a client you are counseling whom you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
· Explain your therapeutic approach with the client, including the perceived effectiveness of your approach.
· Identify any additional information about this client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.