Senior IT Auditor
Macy’s Cincinnati Full-Time
$85,188.00 (Careerbuilder est.)
Apply on company site
Job Details Company Overview
Macy’s, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Auditor, IT Internal Audit. The purpose of this position is to perform audits and/or special reviews of the Company’s controls and procedures over Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, systems development and business applications in accordance with the annual risk-based audit plan for design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley related controls. Perform other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based in Cincinnati, OH.
• Plan for upcoming audits through a contribution of ideas on the methodology and approach for upcoming assignments based on review of prior year’s audit work papers, flowcharts and audit report. • Conduct interviews with the process and business owners at all levels and across the enterprise to gather information, ascertain key risks, areas of concerns, and the expected internal control that should be in place. Independently execute predesigned audit tests and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the business areas processes, policies or controls. Identify gaps/opportunities/key risks and develop corrective actions to address gaps or assess adequacy of solutions offered by business partners. • Perform comprehensive analysis of information elicited through interviews and document review by demonstrating professional skepticism and appropriate follow-up.• Present and confirm audit findings/issues and the related corrective action to various levels of process/business owners. • Document assessment and test results in compliance with internal audit industry (i.e., Institute of Internal Auditors) and departmental standards. Accurately prepare written audit finding/issue and applying judgment and analysis to recommend the related corrective action. • Assist Staff Auditors in performing their job responsibilities by providing them with on-the-job training and coaching, effective in writing reports of audit findings, and making recommendations for corrective action.• Supervise, coach and perform Manager Responsibilities when assigned as the “In-Charge”. • Completion of required internal audit department tasks needed to ensure the department’s compliance with professional industry standards (e.g., self-review of audit work, proper close-out of the audit files, adequately responding to supervisor review comments, etc.), as well as planning for the next assignment. • Travel is approximately 40%.• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality .
• A 4-year undergraduate degree in related field of study (e.g., Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, and Business with Masters of Accountancy program – IT track)) is required. • Up to 4 years of relevant prior work experience and related industry or IT public accounting work experience is required. • A CISA or CISSP is preferred, but not required. • A strong knowledge of risk based advanced IT auditing in a dynamic and changing environment applying appropriate IT control frameworks (e.g. COBIT, PCI, FFIEC) to evaluate areas of risk is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently but under appropriate supervision.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment. • May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment. • May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• This position requires analytic and problem-solving ability to review and evaluate an operation’s overall control environment. • In addition, it requires the ability to demonstrate good judgment, professional skepticism, and a strong learning aptitude to understand the Company’s business processes as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate a high level of drive and initiative. • The individual should demonstrate sound technical proficiency and the willingness and ability to learn advanced IT environments (in particular, awareness of General IT controls and activities). • The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of the Company, discuss appropriate risks, and present audit findings in a clear and professional manner.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. • Travel is approximately 40%.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Review the IT/IS Auditor Job Functions/Resume sample provided in this folder. Select and discuss 2 components on the resume that relates to your future or current job.
Your reflective assessment paper should be at least 100 words, double-spaced, and typed in an easy-to-read MS Word (other processors are fine to use but save it in MS Word format).
My current job : QA engineer