Rethinking Foundational Values & Approaches to Conservation promt: Why do we need to save nature? What is the significance of viewing nature as a rights-bearing living community of beings, as a service offering economic value, or as holding intrinsic value? Assess the following pathway forward in relation to conservation: “Ecosystem Services” Approach by (Costanza, 1997). Why is this course of action most appropriate? What are the advantages? Disadvantages? Use a quote from the text you chose to support your thinking.
You need to cite 5 articles. You can also cite websites. Write 4-page (or more) following all the specifications below.
Please use the link below for access to the article which counts as two citations, please find three more scholarly or edu articles: Costanza “The value of the world’s ecosystem services and natural capital” and Batavia “For goodness sake! What is intrinsic value and why should we care?”
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/314984354_For_goodness_sake_What_is_intr insic_value_and_why_should_we_care (Use quotes from the bottom of pape)
Response papers should be at least four pages and double-spaced and fulfill five principal criteria:
● write a clearly defined and articulated argument/thesis, with evidence provided, and consistency throughout paper.
● follow instructions for a proper response paper structure and contains well-thought out elements: introduction, body, and conclusions.
● It should be clear that the author has completely read and understood the theses, key concepts, and general topic/s of discussion within assigned readings;
● follow general instructions for paper submission (name, class, assignment; topic and title; page numbers; stapled; 3 pages double-spaced (or more); 11-12 size font; mention and cite readings)
● articulate writing style in APA rhetorical style (word choice, sentence structure, grammar), and bibliography and paper citations are properly formatted in APA style.
Have your own more creative title that reflects your thesis. You should first introduce the topic, ideally in relation to the readings, citing the authors. Your introduction should always include your thesis/argument. The next body paragraphs summary, analyses and response should support your argument. Then you should always have a concluding paragraph that discusses again your main argument and in what ways what you have written supports this. Always include a bibliography; you can put this in smaller font (8-10 size for bibliography)