Research major differences between public criminal investigations and private
Write a 1,400-word paper identifying the major differences between public criminal investigations and investigators and their private security counterparts.
Include the following in your comparison:
- The foundational elements of a crime
- The differences and similarities between sectors, including the methods of operation during criminal investigations and issues of chain of command, authority over the incident and objectives of both sectors
- At least two situations where private and public investigators must interact
- Identify sources of information, both unique and common, to each sector
- The differences and similarities in the ability and authority to obtain information
- Explain scientific methods used by both sectors to investigate crimes and incidents
- Identify challenges or potential issues of investigations that cross jurisdictions
- Provide an example of an actual case that highlights aspects of both security and criminal investigations based on your comparison
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.