In this assignment, you will outline a special occasion speech. You will deliver your speech based on this outline next week.
- Select either Topic A or Topic B for your special occasion speech.
- Topic A: Deliver a speech of introduction in which you introduce a person who inspires you.
- Topic B: You have been given an award for Employee of the Month and must give an acceptance speech at an awards banquet.
- Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word.
- Download the Sample Outline [DOCX], which provides guidance for the structure of an outline.
- Focus your speech on 2–3 main points so you’ll stay within the 2-minute time limit.
- Submit the completed outline in a Microsoft Word document.
Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- The outline is complete and on topic.
- The outline provides solid flow for the speech.
- The outline is clear and free from spelling and grammar issues.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Outline a speech using a structured flow and proper spelling and grammar.
Week 8 Assignment Overview:
- Additional Outline Template