“Before the Flood” National Geographic Documentary Questions
1. The documentary referred to the Arctic Ice as the “air conditioning” system of the Northern Hemisphere. What did they mean? What happens if the Arctic Ice melts?
2. What is Miami city doing to help combat the damage from sea level rise? How much is this costing in terms of money? How much time does it buy the city?
3. What was the “hockey stick” graph? What happened to the scientist that came up with it? Why?
4. What is happening to island nations and what are they doing about it?
5. What is happening to coral reefs and what are the consequences?
6. What is happening in the rainforest of Indonesia? Why?
7. What is the advantage of solar power and batteries for developing nations?
8. What is a carbon tax and why do some see it as a solution to climate change?
9. What is the problem with the Paris climate agreement that was reached in 2015?
10. There is a website at the end of the movie that you visit to calculate your carbon footprint. Please go to the website and answer the questions to calculate the carbon footprint for your household. Report that number here: