Topic of assignment: Self-Analysis of leadership abilities
The primary goal of Assignment 1 is to increase your awareness of your current leadership strengths and areas for improvement. The secondary goal is to familiarize you with a variety of leadership assessment tools.
Assignment 1 involves the following steps:
- Select two leadership ability/style self-assessment tools. These are readily available on the Internet. Below are links to some tools that you may use. You are not limited to these particular tools. If you find other tools designed to assess your leadership abilities from other sources you can use these for this exercise. Caution � look for assessment tools offered free of charge from reputable sources. If you are not sure about an assessment tool you locate check with your tutor before proceeding.
Leadership Style Survey http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/survstyl.html
Bolman and Deal’s Four Framework Approach to Leadership: Leadership Matrix http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/matrix.html
- Complete two self-assessments and score yourself.
- Write a 2-3 page summary of your findings, excluding title and reference pages, and compare what you discovered in the two assessment tools. Identify areas of leadership strength and make suggestions for improvement. The title and reference pages for the assignment are not included in the page count. Use APA format (6th ed) for the references. Make sure you reference the websites where the assessment tools used are located.
- Submit your assessment scores and the summary of your findings to your tutor via the Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Assignment 1 is due after you have completed Unit 4.
Assignment 1 Marking Guide � Self-Analysis of Leadership Abilities (15%)
Due at end of Unit 4
Score ___/15 = ___%
Maximum value 10%
- Self-assessment tools selected were appropriate.
- Tools were fully completed and submitted with assignment.
- Summary includes both discussion of strengths and areas of improvement.
- Summary includes comparison and contrasting of findings from the two assessments.
- Summary includes evidence of thought and reflection on findings.
Maximum value 5%
- Paper is informative and succinct (within the page limit).
- APA format (6th ed) is used for title page and references.
- Assignment is free of errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure.
- Appropriate headings and subheadings are used.