Week 10 Discussion Board
Week 10 12/8 & 12/10 – New Media and Social Movements
- Carney- All Lives Matter but so.pdf (218.254 KB)
- Cabezas Latin American and Caribbean Sex Workers.pdf (1.802 MB)
1. Carney, Nikita. “All lives matter, But So Does Race: Black Lives Matter and the Evolving Role of Social Media. “Humanity & Society 40, no. 2 (2016): pp. 180-199.
2. Cabezas, Amalia L. “Latin American and Caribbean Sex Workers: Gains and challenges in the movement.” Anti-Trafficking Review 12 (2019): 37-56.
1. An interview with the founders of Black Lives Matter | Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, Opal Tometi
(Accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbicAmaXYtM).
2. Latin American and Caribbean Sex Workers: Gains and challenges in the movement. (Accessed at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDb29Hy6OY&list=PLOQ25vEoydMfIV9D9vVqnyRH3UG5Px35p).
1. What was one thing that was confusing about the materials for Week 10? Explain why it was confusing.
2. Respond to someone else.