Week 2 Project
Review the following lectures:
- Forecasting and Staffing Planning
- Job Analysis and Job Rewards
- External Recruitment
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, you will review recruiting practices and methods and legislation that affects the recruiting process and determine the most appropriate method for a position within an organization. A carefully structured recruitment plan maps out the strategy for attracting and hiring the best qualified candidate and helps to ensure an applicant pool which includes women and underrepresented groups
Play the role of recruiter for your current job or a past job that you have held and complete the following tasks.
- Examine how would you recruit for your own job.
- Analyze different external recruiting methods that could be used to recruit for your job.
- Examine what recruiting method would work best in the chosen job.
- Evaluate legal regulations and Equal Employment Opportunity laws that affect recruitment.
- Analyze how to avoid legal issues in the external recruiting process.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5030_W2_Project_LastName_FirstName.
- Develop a 4- to 5-page paper in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style. Cite any sources using the APA guidelines.